There are clear signs that warn about the breakdown of food, the main factors are detected through the smell, color and texture of food. Know all the details and take precautions
Nobody likes us to waste food, however many times despite the Date of Expiry exist parameters very clear that indicate that food is not in optimal conditions to consume
1. Signs of decomposition
It is proven that bacteria and pathogens they develop because they don't we keep Food in a proper way. The first decomposition signals they manifest with a viscose film which covers food in the case of meat, Bad smell at chicken and irregular edges in the leaves of the vegetables. It is important to know that pathogens that really they harm our health are toilets, colorless and invisible; all physical manifestations that are seen in a food, they actually develop to protect it. Between the main they find each other:
- One of the most common signs is the appearance of small mold spots, which indicates that the food is ready to throw. This indicates that there are bacteria that can cause diseases, allergies and respiratory problems.
- Another of the most prominent signs and clear are color changes in food, for example it is normal for meat to pass from brown to gray and the green to brown lettuce. None of these alterations It is normal, therefore you should not consume the food that submit changes in its usual color.
- Strong smell, not very appetizing and putrid, one of the main signs of decomposition will always be the food smell. There are extreme cases in which emanate a rotten smell and it is very clear to detect that they cannot be consumed, a good parameter is to know that food should smell the same as when you prepared it.
- Different texture, another clear signal about the food breakdown are the changes in the texture this is mainly reflected in a wrinkled composition, watery or viscose.
2. Changes according to the type of food:
- Green leafy vegetables: The main signal is that the leaves are they soften, lose their texture and acquire a Brown color.
- Vegetable color: Normally vegetables acquire gray spots or brownIn some cases, the vegetable can be rescued by removing the affected parts. However when spots are abundant and the vegetables they lose their original color, it is best not to consume them.
- Eggs: If when they break they emanate bad smell or they have rare particlesYes, it is necessary to throw them away immediately.
- Milk: Whenever it is in poor condition it will present a sour smell and lumps
- Meats and chicken: Changes in its texture, bad smell, slimy texture and stains.
- Cheeses: Appearance of mold, bad smell, changes in texture.
3. Other aspects to consider:
One of the main risks for the right one food preservation It is the temperature. According to a study conducted in U.S by Federal Transit Administration, most of the refrigerators are not regulated with the correct temperature to protect from safe way the food; They also indicate that on many occasions users are unaware of the recommended temperature of 4 ° C. It is essential to respect the low temperatures, since it is a factor that can stop the growth of the main bacteria and pathogens, which affect the food.
Conservation in refrigeration:
The recommendation to optimize hygiene measures is to get rid of all the food scraps that carry 7 days in refrigeration.
The importance of organizing food in the refrigerator well:
It is important to take special care in the food arrangements in refrigeration. Accommodate the vegetables in the vegetable drawer (without washing them beforehand, moisture deteriorates them faster). Put in airtight containers independent red meat, chicken and sausages. For frozen foods, try to pack them very well in airtight bags and containers so that they do not present Frost or I know “Burn.”