Shawn Mendes had to cancel the second show , would do in São Paulo on Saturday night, 30, at Allianz Park, due to medical recommendations.
In a statement released on the singer's social networks, , says , woke up feeling sick.
Upon consulting a specialist, the artist was diagnosed with laryngitis and sinusitis, which caused swelling in the vocal cords.
Shawn Mendes stated that, according to the doctor, , could not take the stage this Saturday and or could further impair the voice. “It breaks my heart to do that but the doctors told me I can't perform tonight or risk long-term damage to my voice. I love you all so much and I apologize from the bottom of my heart as I would very much like to be on stage tonight. I promise I'll make it up to you next time I'm in South America. ”
After the announcement of the cancellation, the fans of the singer went to social networks to comment on the fact; some showed outrage.
Images show that around the Allianz Park, where the show would take place, the audience was already lining up to enter.
Many fans who had been waiting for hours to open the gates in front of the stadium wept with the news of the cancellation.
<! – ADS